Acne is a skin condition caused by clogging of pores or sebaceous glands by excess oils, dead cells and bacteria. Acne results in formation of blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, cysts or nodules which if left untreated cause acne scars and can permanently damage the skin.
- Acne Treatments
- Topical & Systemic Acne Medication (covered by insurance)
- Extractions and Acne Surgery (covered by insurance)
- Injections for Cysts and Scars (covered by insurance)
- Chemical Peels for Acne
- Microneedling Radio Frequency Laser
- CO2 and Erbium Fractional Laser Resurfacing
- Microdermabrasion for Acne/Acne Scars
- Laser Acne Treatment
- Acne Facial Treatment
- Acne Blue Light or LED Treatment
- Topical Acne Care Treatment
- Effective Acne Treatment
- Today, almost all acne cases can be successfully treated. The key to finding an effective acne treatment is individual approach. Other factors that make acne treatments successful are patience and commitment.
All acne treatments require in-office and case specific anti-acne home regimen. In-office acne treatment includes:
- Acne Treatment Details
- Acne Facial - unclogs pores, reduces skin irritation and minimizes chances of acne scars
- Acne Chemical Peel (Glycolic, Salicylic, TCA, Jessner) - kills bacteria, removes whiteheads or blackheads, stimulates new cell growth
- Microdermabrasion - removes damaged superficial skin, provides acne control and improves pigmentation
- Laser Acne Treatment - controls acne bacteria, reduces acne and acne scar redness1
- Fractional Lasers and Microneedling Radio Frequency - reduce acne and acne scars2, 3
- Acne Blue Light Treatment - controls acne bacteria, reduces skin oiliness, shrinks pores
Proper anti-acne home care is crucial to successful acne treatment. It includes daily use of topical acne creams, lotions and gels, which include such acne prevention ingredients as glycolic or salicylic acid, Vitamin A and benzoyl peroxide.
- Who Suffers From Acne?
- Acne affects people of all ages. Though acne is predominantly seen with teenagers it also affects adults (adult acne). Even less severe acne can cause permanent acne scaring. To avoid and prevent acne related skin damage early acne treatment and prevention by a specialist is crucial.
- What Causes Acne?
- Acne is caused by hormonal changes which result in skin starting to produce excess oils. Excess oils combined with dead skin cells and acne bacteria cause skin condition called acne vulgaris or acne. Acne can run in a family. If one of your parents had bad acne, you are more likely to have it. Acne is not caused by dirt or eating too much chocolate, however acne can be significantly worsened by wrong skin care regimen and using skin products that clog pores.
- Acne Scars. Can They Be Treated?
- Acne scars are treated by a variety of different methods. Skin resurfacing with laser, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, or injections with soft-tissue fillers can all make noticeable differences in appearance of your acne scars. However, acne management is very important to prevent acne scars in the future.
Free Acne Treatment Consultations are conducted by a registered nurse or an esthetician and are focused on cosmetic treatment options such as chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and lasers. Medical visits are performed by a nurse practitioner and are billed to insurance or directly to the patient, if there is no insurance.
You can arrange your appointment several days or a week in advance. During your visit we will evaluate your skin, discuss your goals, help you learn about acne and acne prevention treatments and answer all your questions. Treatments can be started on the same day. Medical visits are covered by medical insurances.
Medical treatments are covered by insurance or will be billed to patient at the time of the visit. Cosmetic treatments are not covered by health insurances. Cosmetic consultations are complimentary. Call 888.850.5225 today to arrange your Acne Treatment Consultation.
Disclaimer: The information on this web page is a general description of a medical treatment and does not provide result guarantees. Individual results may vary.